Monday, September 8, 2014

Green Genes

Green Genes, located at 5111 N. Clark in Andersonville, is just beyond cute with the shelves bursting with eco-friendly toys, books, and clothing. I went into this store looking for a baby gift for a friend who was having her fourth and fifth baby.  She pretty much has all of the practical stuff so I wanted to get her something special.  I would definitely say the items in this store are for that type of occasion, meaning the merchandise is on the pricier side, of course you have to pay more for quality and responsible vs. mass produced products.  The store is definitely not just for babies and toddlers, however.  There are lots stuff from Plan Toys, organic clothing in baby and children's sizes, art kits, and lots of reusable lunch items.  I ended up getting a couple of adorable burp clothes for my friend and some eco-finger paint for my son.  I know it will end up in his mouth so it's great to know the paint is all natural.  The saleswoman was super nice and helpful, even going out of her way to track down the price on something that was not marked.  I was able to find parking easily on Clark, however on the weekends parking can be quite difficult in Andersonville.  I will definitely keep Green Genes in mind the next time I want to get a special gift for a new baby or kid's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment